Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Halloween that .....well......wasn't.

Last night was the Ward's Trunk-or-Treat and I was so excited for it! I asked for the weekend off months ago because I didn't want to miss out on Halloween like I had to last year. So this year we found the cutest costume in the world for Gavin! He is obsessed with elephants and what did Target have.....an elephant costume!!! As pictured below.........



I got Gavin to try it on once and he looked so so so adorable in it. So as Halloween was approaching I was getting more and more excited!!!! The day finally arrives and we run all our erronds and get home and what happens...... Gavin throws the biggest fit I have EVER seen from him. He was screaming and uncontrollable and unconsolable! I didn't know what was wrong or what to do. After over an hour he finally stopped crying and laid down with me on the couch and took a nap. We woke up 15 mins before the trunk-or-treat was suppose to start and so we start getting ready and its time to put on costumes. Did Gavin want to wear his costume? The cutest costume in the entire world? Did he want to go trunk-or-treating? Nope! So after trying everything we could think of to get him to wear it who do you think won? See below picture.......












Gavin was a basketball player. Not on purpose either. That just happened to be the outfit he was wearing that day. Was I mad? Oh you bet I was. So we ended up going to the trunk or treat and did Gav have fun? Nope. He was whining and didn't want to go trunk or treating. He just wanted to be held the whole time and was on the verge of yet another fit the entire time. So we made it almost 2 hours before we gave up and went home. When we got home I found the receipt for Gavin costume and went straight to Target and returned it! In return I got a movie and treat.




We watched Casper and had some treats and then Gavin went to bed!!! And Eric and I stayed up half the night laughing, eating Gavin's candy, and watching How I Met Your Mother. So was the night a total failure?








I think it turned out okay in the end! Happy Halloween everyone!

1 comment:

Walker Family said...

I love Casper!! Too bad the boys didn't trick or treat together. Nathan was a football player cuz he didn't want to wear his costume either! :D