Friday, October 29, 2010

My Almost 2 Year Project!

So when we first moved to AZ in Nov 08, Eric's Aunt Marianne was piecing together a stocking for one of her grandkids and I loved it so I decided I would make one for Gavin. I got online found on that I like and bought it. About a week later it came in the mail and I got started! It was so fun to be sewing again. I hadn't done any needle work in a while. At first it was a little rough but I got the hang of it and learned all the stitches fairly quickly ( with the help of Eric's Aunt!). As time passed Gavin was getting bigger and wouldn't let me sew so soon enough the times that I worked on it were few and far between. So here we are coming on on the 3d Christmas since I started and so I made a goal that I would finish it by Halloween. And although I'm not quite there, the front is finally done. All that is left is stitching the back piece on and attaching the tag that you hang it with and doing Gavin's name (I haven't figured out how I want to do that part yet)! But I think it turned out awesome and I am very proud of it. Now that is done I want to start another!!

This is what Gavin looked like when I started!
Nov 08



This is what Gavin looks like now that I'm almost done!
Oct 2010


Almost finished stocking!



Gavin's stocking!

3 comments:

jill 'E' jam said...

Paula! That is absolutely adorable! Great job!!!!

Walker Family said...

It turned out great! Gav is too cute!

Rosie said...

Wow Polly! I'm so impressed. That looks awesome! By the way our adoption finalized this week. Addison is now officially ours!!