Thursday, August 11, 2011

Marshall Eric Tippetts

My sweet Marshall is finally here. Actually he has been here for over a month now but I've been busy. Marshall was born on July 10, 2011 at 10:37am. (exactly 5 minutes later then his brother was born! Gav was born at 10:32am) He weighed in at 8 lbs 15 oz and was 20 inches long. He had a smaller head then Gavin, thank goodness. The labor went well. Gotta love the epidural!! It took almost 12 hours start to finish. His first few hours where a little rough. He swallowed a lot of fluid and had a ton of "spit-up" if that's what you call it. Have you ever heard of someone's water breaking after the head comes out? Well that's kind of what happened. My water broke but his head and body acted like a plug so when his head came out so did all the water. Weirdest thing I have ever seen! Sorry for the details but I don't want to forget them. Nursing has also been ten times easier this time thank goodness!!!! We like to call Marshall our little Marshmellow! He loves to eat and that is all he wants to do. In fact he eats to much and gave himself reflux. I ended up taking him at 3 weeks because he would just cry and cry when he would eat and I didn't know what was wrong because he wasn't spitting up so I didn't think it could be reflux. Sure enough. The Dr said its because he's eating to much and his little tummy can't hold all he wants it too. Poor guy. In those 3 weeks he gained exactly 2 lbs! He is doing better but still struggles a little with his reflux! He is too cute though with his double chin and rubberband legs!!! We just love him!
Gavin has been going pretty good with Marshall. He treats him so nicely and has never been mean to him. He is coping pretty good with all the changes in his life. He loves to give Marshall kisses and he loves to hold him. The only real acting out has occured at night. He gets up everynight and wants to come into our room. I'm pretty sure its because Marshall gets to be with us all night. But we are working on it and over all he is an amazing big brother.
My three wonderful amazing boys! Oh how I love them all so much!!! I don't know what I do with out them!
My sweet boy having a a little skin on skin time a few hours after he was born.
Minutes after birth.
It has been a hard transition but I love my family. I am so grateful for how very blessed we are.

2 comments:

Walker Family said...

You do have some pretty cute boys!!! :) And yes even Eric is a keeper.... hahahaha! We love you and were so glad we could come see him just after birth. He's such a sweet boy! Our kids have so much to look forward to growing up together :) Love ya!

Rosie said...

He's so sweet Polly! I'm so excited for you guys!