Monday, August 2, 2010

7 years

Well another year has come and gone. I can't believe how quickly time seems to go by. You know the saying "it gets easier with time?" Well for me I can say that that is absolutely not true. If anything the opposite is true. I think as time passes and I get further along in my life and experience new things I want her here more then ever. This day is always the hardest day of the year for me. I can't help but remember, with great detail, the events of this day. I try so hard to stay strong and not cry and not think about it but that never happens. With out fail I always cry and I always break down. And for me that is unacceptable. I am not an emotional person. I hate crying. I think that is something that I inherited from her. I know it's okay to cry and be sad but I still hate it. I just want her here. I want to talk to her one more time. I want to see her face and hear her laugh. Gosh I miss her. I hate not having a mom. I'm not going to go on and on like I did last year. There really is nothing new to say. I just miss her.

5 comments:

Walker Family said...

Hang in there Paula!! Know you have a family who loves ya very much!!! We're always here for you!! I know it's not quite the same, but at least you have people around you who love you very much and will always be here for you if needed!! Keep your chin up!

Rosie said...

Big HUG, Big HUG, Big HUG! I have so many fun memories of your mom, especially from girls camp. I remember she would come in the tent with a spray bottle to wake us up. She was always a tease. I know she's smiling at you and missing you too :) love you polly.

Taylors6 said...

you DO have a Mom. I have NO DOUBT in my mind she is closer than you think. I know she's with you and is so proud of you and the wonderful mother and wife you have become. Just remember how much she loves you. I'm sorry your hurting! Keep talking to her. I know she can hear you! That sounds weird but I just know she's close to you and is so happy for you and your beautiful life!

Thueson Family :) said...

I can't imagine how hard that must be!! I'm SO sorry that you have to go through something like that! I hope that it gets easier for you! Miss you tons Paula!! Hope you are well!

TheShumWAYS said...

Sorry you have to not have your mom around.. that just stinks!!! Ilike to think about all the laughs and memories of Aunt Lis:)