Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Poems

I was going through a box the other day and found my book of thoughts, quotes, and poems. I thought I would post a couple. The first was written when my Mom and I were in Denmark together walking a long the beach where my Grandmother was born and raised. I can still picture my mom just standing there looking out into the sea. She loved Denmark. The second was written right after she was diagnosed with cancer. And the third was written around Christmas after she had past away.

Denmark (written 3/19/03)

As the wind blows
the blade cuts into it
causing the wheel to spin
and my eyes to glaze.

With a blink they clear
as a tear rolls slowly down
my cheek, my heart if full.

This country reaches deep
inside and fills
my heart. As I look out
around me I see the many
windmills across the horizon
and hear the waves crash against
the dunes. The open fields of
farm land surround me and I
take a deep breath and let it
all in.

A strange feeling enters and makes
me wonder. I was not born here,
or raised here, I do not understand
the language or the way of life, yet,
this country calls to me and I can
hear it whisper, Welcome home.


All I need is You (written 6/18/03)

Like a shooting star
you came into my life
and left as quickly
yet everything you gave me still remains.

The words you spoke can
never be lost, the feelings shared in
the timeless moments of friendship last
in the far reaching corner of my memory.

You make me feel completed
your eyes cut into my soul
your gentle smile and soft touch
make the days so much brighter and
life's ruff journey turn smooth.

All I need is you beside me
giving me the strength to face
another day and a hope that
with faith, anything is possible.



Strength Within (written 12/03)

Sometimes life has a way of making
the tears seem so close to the edge.
The dark clouds and thunder come
And you feel so trapped and alone.

The darkness engulfs you
And the light seems to be only a memory.
Time seems to break as nothingness invades.
And the tears begin to fall
With no one there to catch them.

When all hope seems to fail
when there's no where left to turn
Falling on bended knee
Three words are silently whispered
Please help me.

A Warmth begins to grow
so small at first but slowly
Ever slowly the warmth begins to spread.
As heaven's light surrounds you
the dark clouds clear and
the pain begins to fade.

You realize hope never left
and the light and strength
you were searching for
Was never very far away.
They were right inside
just waiting,
waiting for you.

No comments: